There are many payment options available to players on online casinos. Players can therefore take the liberty of choosing the payment option that is most preferable to them. One of the many options that you have is Skrill. Let’s take a look at how this payment option is going and whether it is the best option for you.
What is Skrill?
Skrill was previously known as Moneybookers. It is a UK based payment company that was founded in 2001, and is available in more than 200 countries worldwide in 40 different currencies. This is mainly an eWallet based payment service that is available in select locations, so you need to understand if it is available for your particular region or not, and how it works, before you can use it.
How Does Skrill Work?
Basically, it is an eWallet to which customers can deposit their money and this money can then be used to make transactions for any online business that deals with this payment method. To use this option, you first need to open an account on the company website, which is completely free to sign up for and takes you hardly more than 5 minutes to do. Once you have an account up and running, you can enjoy the many services and offers this payment option has to offer.
How to Transact?
Once you have your free account open, you can transfer funds to your account online and then use it to make payments on online casinos. There may be fees attracted to use certain services on your eWallet account, but for the most part, these services are all completely free. In cases where there are fees, they are kept to a minimum so that you do not have to part with too much extra cash.
Advantages of Using Skrill
- The reason why this payment method works better than actually transferring the funds directly to a casino is because it helps to improve the security of your money online. You need to authenticate any transaction that you make using Skrill online using your eWallet, which makes your transactions very secure.
- Another great thing about this eWallet is you are not providing your banking details directly on a possibly insecure casino website, which means that you are protecting your financial information at all times.
- Using this method, you can instantly transfer funds, since all you need to do is provide authentication. It is therefore faster than using banking methods that involve a wait of three to five days depending on your bank.
- For the most part, the payment services using this method are completely free. Other services for other payment options generally attract a mandatory fee.
- Easy withdrawals and deposits are made possible with this payment method, which is great when all you really want to do is have fun gambling instead of worrying about how to make payment.
- All your transactions made using this eWallet are completely anonymous.